Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Treasury Manager – Forex will support clients in understanding and capitalizing on foreign currency markets by giving their clients information on exchange rates and insights into global markets. The Treasury Manager – Forex will be reporting directly to the Head of Treasury.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage trading functions in order to meet corporate goals financially.
- Be up to date with all of the latest financial developments, not only with the country’s economy, but also with other countries.
- Monitor a large scale of foreign exchange functions and operations within the banking environment. This will include all transactions and remittances in the field.
- Drive sales and grow forex business.
- Ensure best customer service.
- Manage the research on both foreign and domestic markets, with the use of fundamental and technical analysis. Must also be able to provide appropriate solutions or recommendations for all clients that they can handle.
- Keenly review reconciliation sheets and ensure that all sheets are balanced accordingly to the regulations and laws of the industry & the institution.
- Maintain the relationship between international or counterpart financial institutions.
- Maintain all registers, records & documentation as per the branch guidelines.
- Maintain checks and controls as per internal/external guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Treasury Manager – Forex job placement should preferably hold a degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field majoring in accounting or finance.
- ACI Dealers Certificate and professional course are added advantage
- A minimum of four years of experience in a financial institution preferably in finance or forex department.
- Keen attention to detail is an absolute requirement.
- Good communicator with unquestionable character and interpersonal skills.
- Should be mature, intelligent, diligent, with strong work ethics, integrity and able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess a strong personality and dynamism, and should be able to build a strong team.
- Business Acumen skills
- Customer focus
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical skills
- Coaching and Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Age: Between 28 to 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
- Click Here
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 8th December 2018