Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Bank of Uganda (BoU) is the Central Bank of the Republic of Uganda. It was opened on the 15th August 1966. It is 100% owned by the Government of Uganda but it is not a government Department. Bank of Uganda conducts all its activities in close association with the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED). Bank of Uganda is responsible for monetary policy and maintaining price stability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out messenger services for the Bank.
- Carry out cleaning of Bank premises.
- Carry out manual labour work as directed e.g carrying furniture, coin boxes etc
- Maintain proper accountability of cleaning materials handled by him/her.
- To lift and carry Bank currency notes and coins, items in stores, catering, furniture and any office equipment as may be required.
- Delivery of files and mail.
- Conduct proper maintenance of bank gardens and compounds.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Notify the supervisor of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
Key Result Areas
- Prompt and efficient delivery of files, mail and other official documents
- A well cleaned Bank and its environment.
- Neat record of documents movement.
- Well maintained cleaning equipment and garden tools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Bank of Uganda Support Staff Category 2 job should hold an O’ Level certificate with good understanding of English.
- At least two years of working experience as an office messenger.
- Age: 20 – 30 years.
- Good personal presentation
- Flexible approach to work duties
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Committed to a high quality service
- Able to work autonomously but also to be able to work as part of a team
- Able to manage own time effectively
- Able to take instruction and direction and complete tasks to the highest standard.
- A friendly approach together with flexibility and adaptability
- Reliability, confidence, energy, trustworthiness, hardworking and discreet
NB: Degree Holders should not apply for these jobs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send scanned copies of certified academic credentials, transcripts and professional training certificates. The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb. Multiple documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached. All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment application at the link below.
The following MUST be attached to the application: a) A detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates MUST use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae. Download Here. The Curriculum vitae should contain names of 3(three) referees and their contacts.
Deadline: 22nd August 2019