Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Security Administrator will ensure safety of Pride’s premises, customers, Assets and employees by monitoring security of the whole organization
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose, implement and maintain contingency plans for all security threats and other emergency situations that are likely to affect business of Pride Microfinance Ltd (MDI).
- Undertake security procedure checks to ensure compliance with regards to building security policy and standards, fire systems, fire prevention, access control, closed circuit television and emergency procedures.
- Offer technical advice on requirements and specifications for existing and/or new building systems including access control, intruder alarms, fire or smoke detection systems, closed circuit television and contract guards.
- Co-ordinate implementation of security–training programs, and manage the performance and development of security officer in line with policy.
- Develop, implement and manage security and fire safety plans and standards at designated sites, Head office, branches and contact offices.
- Conduct security risk assessments and review programmes, ensuring timely identification of threats.
- Prepare annual work plans and budgets for security section at Head office and branches.
- Develop and implement BCP measures for Pride should a major incident impact upon critical operations.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach on fraud and other investigations through an intelligent process, interviewing people, fact finding analysis and unbiased assessment of the outcome produced in a full investigation report.
- Liaising with Internal Audit or Risk Department during investigations and ensuring that investigations are conducted in all fraudulent activities.
- Ensure that all Pride staff, premises and Assets are secure at all times.
- Propose and implement security measures and liaise with key stakeholders, security agencies.
- Supervise the internal CID and support Legal and represent Pride where necessary in case of litigations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Security Administrator job placement should preferably hold a degree from a recognized institution. Certificate in law will be an added advantage.
- Should possess professional training and experience in the security forces (e.g. Police, Prisons or Army).
- Should have a clean record and discharge certificate with a working experience of at least three years.
- Ability to carry out independent investigations.
- Hold a clean driving permit.
- Good team player, well-organized with developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Security management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent inter- personal skills
- Customer awareness skills
- Investigation and Report writing skills
- Age: Between 30 – 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
- Click Here
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 8th December 2018