The Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC) is Uganda’s leading independent policy think tank with an economics focus. Its mandate is to provide policy oriented research and other forms of analytical support to inform policy processes in Uganda. The Centre has repositioned itself as a Go-To Policy Think Tank within the wider East Africa region. EPRC uses resources from Government of Uganda and Think Tank Initiative (TTI) under the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will effectively and efficiently manage the procurement and disposal function of the Centre as per EPRC’s procurement policies and procedures and PPDA Guidelines and Procedures through the application of best practices in professional procurement and inventory management. The incumbent will provide advice and direction to staff and management, as required, with regard to best practices in procurement;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement Planning: Preparation, co-ordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plan and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
- Plan, budget, requisition and account for the resources and performance of the Procurement unit
- Guide, advise and support the Contracts Committee; user departments and Management on all procurement related matters;
- Liaise with the finance office and user departments to provide the necessary procurement related information to prospective suppliers of goods, services and works to the Centre;
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of the procurement bids in liaison with the technical experts and user departments;
- Monitor and sets controls and maintenance for procured products;
- Liaise with the Finance office, the User Departments and the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the procured goods and services and the corresponding supporting documentation for payments;
- Prepare periodic performance reports to the Contracts Committee, PPDA and Management
- Provide information to the audit department to support their activities Asset disposal
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
- Enter information into the Government Procurement Portal; and
- Maintain a providers list for the Centre
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A good University Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Management or Commerce, Business Administration with specialization in Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Management or postgraduate diploma in Procurement, or Supply Chain Management
- Professional qualification/ membership of Procurement/ Purchasing in Supply Chain Management like CIPS
- At least three (3) years of progressive work experience as a Procurement Officer or related position
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, organized team player with ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV); names and addresses of three (3) referees (at least one of whom must be a current/former employer), and copies of academic documents should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must indicate clearly in the subject heading of both email and their application letter which position they are applying for.
Deadline: 7th December 2018 by 4:00pm