Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Office Cleaner will provide quality cleaning services at the Head Quarters that includes tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces to ensure the neatness, cleanliness and general hygiene of the entire office. He/ She will also provide support at the Office kitchen by providing service to the Staff and other authorized persons on a daily basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Cleaning: Sweep and mop the floors, wipe all surfaces, Dust/polish all surfaces including equipment on a daily basis
- Thoroughly clean the lavatories including sinks, taps and draining boards on a daily basis
- Notify administration when cleaning materials and kitchen supplies are running low so that they can be ordered centrally
- Prepare a schedule for and conduct deep/ spring cleaning of the office on a periodic basis
- Ensure that basic kitchen and lavatory necessities are available at all times
- Kitchen service: Serve tea and other meals to staff
- Empty all trash cans and bins daily
- Assist staff with related tasks when called upon
- Perform any other duties related to the position that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Office Cleaner job must hold a UCE Certificate.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in professional cleaning (professional referees’ details should be attached)
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Experience working in NGO setting is an added advantage
- Home Management and Catering skills
- Ability to be confidential; this is vital
- A highly organized and neat individual
- A highly trustworthy individual
- Previous experience of cleaning, including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery safely
- Able to pay keen attention to detail and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and trustworthiness
- Candidate must be highly punctual
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.