Reports to: HIV Clinic Manager
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Nursing Officer will take charge of the nursing functions of the HIV clinic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare periodic schedules and activity plans for nursing services within the HIV & TB Clinic.
- Coordinate management and utilization of resources and logistics required for nursing services within the HIV/TB Clinic.
- Actively participate in dissemination of nursing protocols including guidelines and job aids.
- Organise and coordinate the activities of the nursing staffs at the clinic.
- Provide support Supervision and coaching of other nursing staff at the clinic.
- Participate in providing nursing care, counselling and support to patients.
- Streamline client flow within the triaging areas of the clinic and Make decisions on the patients to be referred to clinicians.
- Assesses patients to determine the most appropriate nursing care they require and advise the doctors accordingly.
- Monitor and supervise provision of quality nursing care in line with MOH guidelines.
- Supervise and monitor data capture within both client assessment tools and clinic registers.
- Leads conduction of data led nursing review meetings to monitor the quality of nursing care in the clinic.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on nursing activities at the clinic.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the EGPAF Nursing Officer job must hold a Diploma in Nursing. However Degree in Nursing [Bachelors of Science in Nursing] is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in Management of HIV/AIDS Patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of counselling and guidance
- Good Communication skills.
- Emotional control
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to this address;
The Senior Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, P.O. Box 21127, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: UgandaRecruitment@pedaids.org
Deadline: 28th June 2019