To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job: Friday, 17th August, 2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act, 2013 and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is; To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions:
JOB TITLE: LEGAL OFFICER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER (CONTRACTS)
The Legal Officer is responsible for handling day to day legal responsibilities and providing support in contracts negotiations and drafting, provisions of legal advisory services, drafting of relevant policies and supporting management of Company compliance matters
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different contracts and other related documents.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to Project Managers or other operational staff, including training to new Project Managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policies.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness and interpretation to support implementation.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.) and file all necessary documentation for compliance of the company.
- Track and ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various company legal matters.
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in law (LLB).
- A diploma in legal practice.
- The candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in a busy corporate entity of high repute
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with contracts and compliance aspects. The candidate must have excellent analytical, research and drafting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proven high level of integrity and an ability to work under pressure.
Job application procedure
Electronically completed and signed Applications Forms together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00 pm EAT) not later than Friday, 17th August, 2018.
Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded from National Content > Recruitment on www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316 KAMPALA 4TH FLOOR AMBER HOUSE, PLOT 29/33 KAMPALA ROAD.