DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer actively contributes to the efficient and effective financial and administrative management of the DCA Country Office and its field offices with particular responsibility for the financial management of projects. The Finance Officer reports to the Head of Finance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for budgeting, financial quality assurance and monitoring and reporting of expenditures of projects.
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are timely prepared.
- Provide monthly updates, with brief analysis on project budgets.
- Assist the Programme Officers and Project Managers in developing budgets for proposals.
- Assist in ensuring all office financial tasks (project and office budget/operations) are completed especially in regard to cost allocation and time registration.
- Ensure that budget vs actuals are accurately managed.
- Ensure that the Financial Manual rules and guidelines are followed.
- Participate in training and building capacity of partners and DCA staff in basic financial management.
- Keep updated on special donor financial requirements, including Danida, EU, ECHO, UNHCR and others.
- Responsible for partners and back donor reporting of assigned grants as well as projects and programme audit support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid (DCA) Finance Officer job placement must hold a degree in B’COM (Accounting) or BBA (Accounting) and preferably with a CPA/ACCA accreditation.
- Five years of experience working in a similar role with an INGO.
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as working both independently and within in a team.
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Previous experience of working with local partners organizations is added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th December 2018