Create awareness creation on project goal, objectives and expected outputs.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Closing date: 10 Aug 2018
JOB SUMMARY & PURPOSE:
In consultation with the Project Coordinator, the Field Officer (FO) will oversee sensitization, recruitment and appropriate training of Community Based Resource Persons to enhance promotion of general livelihood of target households in the Graduation project. The FO will also train Community Based Resource Persons (CBRP) on financial inclusion and maintain a proper Savings Group MIS database. In addition the FO will continuously support the Community Based Facilitators to meet the project deliverables which includes training, building confidence of beneficiaries, identifying, planning and managing household income generation activities and relevant technical skill development among others.
The CARE Kenya’s Graduation project has been designed to test the use of a market development approach to transitioning the very poor into sustainable livelihoods. The project seeks to deliver sequenced mix of five interventions that have been tested and proven to have positive impacts on poor households’ livelihoods. The mix of interventions combines protective measures for the short run while promoting sustainable livelihood for the future. The set of five inputs comprise of; coaching and mentoring to build self-confidence, regular cash stipend, savings forums, training on income generating opportunities and asset transfer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Mobilize Community towards project activities.
- Create awareness creation on project goal, objectives and expected outputs.
- Facilitate development of community structures for managing the implementation of project activities.
- Facilitate recruitment and training of Community Based Resource Persons Provide continuous re-orientation and training to Community Based Resource Persons on topical areas relevant to Graduation project implementation.
R2: Training of project Participants
- Facilitate identification and sensitization and training of participant households on areas relevant to the Graduation project.
- Provide technical support to Community Based Facilitators and participating households on IGA selection, planning and management and guidance in facilitating linkages to market (input and output) improvement.
- Facilitate linkage of IGA inputs and output service providers to suppliers , buyers and other relevant support Facilitate institutional development of community institutions to enhance collective action and negotiation.
- Facilitate linkage of participating HSNP beneficiaries to savings group project for training.
R3: Monitoring of Project activities and reporting
- Facilitate joint planning and review meetings with the participating households.
- Maintain appropriate data on project implementation as per the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Compile reports as and when necessary.
R4: Management of Project Resources
- Facilitate procurement planning of assets and inputs to ensure adequate and timely provision to participating households
- Undertake proper maintenance and use assigned resources CONTACTS/KEY
RELATIONSHIPS (internal & external):
Internally: Sector staff
Externally: Project stakeholders-Donors, GOK, other INGOs/NGOs, private sector – especially commercial financial institutions, input suppliers, output market points and service providers.
The Field Officer will operate from Kitui and Mwingi
Experience: At least 2 years’ field experience in livelihood development or financial inclusion and capacity building using participatory techniques.
- Bachelor degree in social science or Bachelor of business/ Commerce, Community Development
- At least 2 years work experience in Community development/ Business development/ or Livelihoods programming
- A grasp of socio cultural economic issues with respect to poverty, savings, and enterprise development in rural settings
- Business Development knowledge
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Training/coaching/ Facilitation skills
- The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to speak the local language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of participatory approaches
Job location and Working Conditions
This position will be based in Kitui and Mwingi towns with extensive travel to the project sites within the County. Contacts/Key Relationships Relevant County Government Ministries in Kitui County.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click apply now
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply***.
CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations.CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and child protection policies. CARE is committed to protecting the rights of the communities whom we serve, and therefore reserves the right to conduct background checks and other screening procedures to ensure a safe, dignified work environment.