Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Estates Officer (Electrical) will be responsible for maintaining Prides’ electrical services and equipment and, carrying out all necessary electrical repairs and maintenance works. The Estates Officer (Electrical) reports to the Administrative Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a reliable, responsive and efficient care to Pride’s electrical infrastructure needs.
- Prepare, implement and control schemes of reactive/preventative planned maintenance to good engineering/industry practice, within agreed financial limits.
- Keenly review all service reports and ensure that they are executed within set parameters and completed within agreed time.
- Provide support in the establishment and maintaining of estate records, surveys and reports necessary to run an effective and safer service.
- Supervise construction work, including site inspection and handover and ensure proper repair and maintenance.
- Prepare bills of quantities and drafting of work drawings.
- Provide support in the procurement of service providers (approval/confirmation) of funding, bidding, evaluation, selection of bidders and negotiation of contracts.
- Prepare contract management and status reports.
- Receive and respond in a timely manner to all equipment fault inquiries from Pride staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Estates Officer (Electrical) job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution or higher diploma in Electrical Engineering or in any other relevant field.
- Possess certification from ERA
- At least 2 principal passes at A’ level
- Should possess credits and or a pass in Mathematics and English at O’ level.
- Three years of working experience in a busy environment preferably within a banking institution.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, customer awareness, interpersonal, communication and reporting skills.
- The ideal candidate should be self-driven with high levels of integrity, business acumen, efficiency and compliance. She /he should also be well versed with use of IT.
- Age: Between 27 – 35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
- Click Here
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 8th December 2018