Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Job Summary: The Data Officer will be responsible for maintaining an accurate and up to date project data base of data to inform the project indicators, including providing training and ongoing support for project and partner staff to ensure timely and quality data collection and reporting participation in production of project periodic reports compiling project progress performance reports against set targets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Save the Children Data Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or statistics or records and achieves management
- Additional training in biostatistics or professional data management, HMIS, and DHIS2, is an added advantage
- At least three years of working experiences in health related programming in Uganda (Preferably with an International or national NGO)
- Experience of working with District Local Government on health programs with a focus improving reporting for HMIS using DHIS 2
- Training and mentorship of district level partners and or health workers in clinical data collection management and reporting
- Effective interpersonal skills – networking and written communication skills, ability to communicate with email as well as the use of skype and other communication technologies
- Diplomacy and confidentiality, planning and organizing skills
- Computer literacy skills, Microsoft office especially word, spread sheet (Excel Access)
- Sound knowledge of the local languages used in the representative District needed
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 13th January 2019