Introduction: Strømme Foundation (SF) is a Norwegian International Non-Governmental Organisation. From its Head Office in Kristiansand, Norway, SF works through a field structure comprising Regional and Country Offices in Asia, West Africa and East Africa, to implement projects in the areas of promoting inclusive education, ob creation and strengthening the capacity of local communities. SFs field structure works closely with local partners in implementing projects and programmes..
• Design, implement and monitor SFEA’s regional communication strategy targeting key audiences, including the general public, the media, private and public development partners and other NGOs in the region. Work in close collaboration with the Communication and Marketing Department to strengthen communication channels between SF-KRS and the region.
• Drive communication at the regional level by guiding and coordinating the
• work of communication focal points in offices and projects in the region.
• Pro-actively identify the need for dratt, produce and edit intormation products such as electronic newsletters, op-eds, brochures, press releases, social media material, and contributions to audiovisual programmes and articles for SF target audiences.
• Prepare material and contribute to the SF website and social media
• Assume editorial responsibility for content
• Take photographs and contribute to the SF photo library.
• Prepare video content and drail script.
• In close consultation with relevant departments in SF-KR6, dratt timely Inputs to regular progress reports for submission to SF donors.
• Draft and edit speeches for regional management as well as briefing documents, and various correspondence, including those required by senior management at SF-KRS.
• Organize media coverage and arrange for interviews and briefings.
• Respond to enquiries from the media or the public.
• SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful to the founding values and guicing inspiration of the organisation and demonstrate consistent commitment to the
organisation’s ideals and vision
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication
• channels with relevant opinion leaders, social media operatives, news services, editors, etc. to encourage accurate reporting of SF’s activities.
• Develop and maintain media and other contacts lists.
• Actively seeks to leverage SF communications for a wider audience and greater Impact
• Work with SF-KRS on the most effective advocacy campaigns and communication for development opportunities, including identifying
• possible advocates and overseeing their activities.
• Support proactively global, regional and country level fundraising activities through effective advocacy strategies and activities
• Excellent writing and presentations skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to adapt messages to culturally diverse audience
• Ability to communicate messages with the perspective of a donor audience in mind
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, web management and dissemination, and social media.
• Ability to evaluate information needs and to provide appropriate and targeted information accordingly.
• Knowledge of audio/visual production techniques and methods.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and oversee a public information/communication programme of activities.
• Creativity and ability to conduct interviews, especially involving the media.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadines and work on own Initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
• Education Advanced university degree in communication, journalism, international relations, Iberal arts or other relevant discipline.
• Experience Five years of professional experience in communication, public information or related fields of work.
• Experience at the International level would be an advantage. Languages Fluency in English, written and spoken. Ability to communicate in Kiswahili will be added advantage.
• The position is located in the Stramme Foundation’s Regional Office for East Africa (SFEA) In Kampala, Uganda. SFEA has overall responsibility for the programmes and operations of SF in East Africa, providing strategic guidance and support for the promotion of SP’s vision.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Hand deliver or eMail your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and contacts of three referees by 5 July 2019 to: The Replonal Director, Stramme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive
Oracruitment on tromma.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvasslag will lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply